Thursday, January 10, 2013

For Dear Life

This is from December 6, 2012.

"If you'll hold on to Me for dear life," says God. "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust Me. Call Me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!" Psalm 91:14-16

When I am feeling stressed, out-of-sorts, and sad the last thing I want to do is open up the Word. I don't want to read verses about praising God when I'm feeling like anything but praising Him. I certainly don't want to read verses that tell me what I should be doing. I want to wallow in my feelings.

But this verse gives me a great reason to turn to Him. No, not just turn to Him, but hold onto Him for dear life! He will get me out of any trouble. Now, it may not be quick and it may not be the way that I expect, but He will. He promised, and one thing God can't do is go back on His promises.

He also promises to give me the best care, not just good care, but the best care. All I have to do is trust Him. Yeah, I know, all I have to do is trust, like it's so easy to do. It's not, but it is possible, and if I do then I am sure of the best care possible.

There is so much in these verses. I could go on and on about it, but I guess my favorite part is He will throw me a party. Maybe there won't be balloons and streamers, but it will be a party that only the King of Kings can throw.

So when feeling like you can't hold on any longer, hold on to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment