Sunday, March 3, 2013

He Works It!

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

There's this song that plays on the radio that has been going through my mind a lot. (I am so bad with names of groups and songs.) The part that keeps repeating itself is, "You make all things work together for my good" which goes right along with this verse. I am not a musical person so when song lyrics keep going through my mind I know God is speaking to me.

The part of that line that really sticks out is the "You". Of course, the "you" is God. I think, for me at least, that is so important. When I hear people quote this verse they tend to focus on the "those who" and the "work together for good" parts. Not that's bad or anything, but for me I find I focus more on the "God" part.

I know me, I know that I tend to think more about me than I should. I could look at this verse and focus on the fact that almost all of it is about me. Yet, for me the key is God. He makes all things work together for good. It just doesn't happen. It certainly doesn't happen because I love God. The working together for good comes from Him. He does it.

He is the only one who can see how it all works together. He is the only one who sees the good in the hurtful, hard, and scary things. Not that they are good, but He sees how they will work good into me. He sees how they will work together for good in my future. He sees it because He is the One who makes it intertwine into good.

It makes me think about "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12 I just see and know things in part. Even when I look back and see how things come together I still won't see all that God sees. I might see the good and experience the good, but not all of it.

So for me, it is really important to know He works things for good, all things. Once again, He does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment