Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Turning Evil Into Good

"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good..." Genesis 50:20a

Last night I had a dream. Now, let me start by saying most of my dreams make no sense at all. This one however did, well sort of.

I was at a house that apparently was mine. This man came along and said he owned the land and he was going to put in an underground garage. Yeah, that doesn't make much sense, but bare with me. In order to do this he needed to move my house. I protested, but he moved it. I was very upset that my house was moved. The workers came and started to tear apart a shed. They used some sort of machine to clear out the inside. When I realized what they were doing I became extremely upset.

It turns out that there were three small kittens in the shed and I was afraid that they were killed. I went into the shed and found one kitten, alive but injured. I gave the kitten to someone to take inside.I stayed in the shed for awhile, distraught that the other two kittens couldn't be found. Then a bag started to move. In the bag were the other two kittens and they were fine. I scooped them up and took them inside, rejoicing all the way.

Now, it still was a strange dream, but as soon as I woke up I heard God speak to me. He spoke the words of Genesis 50:20 to me. Over and over again I heard Him say that He meant it for good. Such a peaceful reminder that He is in control. No matter what plans satan has for me, no matter what havoc he tries to reek in my life, God will use it for good.

I believe the parts of this dream having meaning for me too, but the most important part is remembering that God is in control. I belong to Him and He has a perfect plan. Remember that as you go through confusing, even destrucive times in your life. He takes everything that satan means for evil and He works it for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment