Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Praying For Others


"I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints," Ephesians 1:16-18

Lately, I have been reading Piercing the Darkness. I read it a few years ago and saw it recently when I was looking for something. I thought I would read it after I finished another book I was reading. Well, I ultimately put aside the other book. Unfortunately, I had already seen the movie so I was having trouble reading the book. Always read the book first!

Anyway, one of the keys of this book is the impact on the spirit world because of the prayers of Christians. It made me realize how much I need to pray more and when I pray to pray for more than just the surface stuff. I realized that I needed to pray for my spiritual needs and condition more. I also realized that I needed to pray for others and to pray about the spiritual aspects, good and bad, for these people.

Sometimes it is easy to just go through the list of needs that I have and others have and forget about listening to the Spirit and praying accordingly. I feel challenged to make sure that my prayers are focused on things of the Spirit and praying more for others. If I prayed for others more like the verses above I am sure that they would impact the spiritual lives of those that I prayed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment