Sunday, February 10, 2013

Even In the Little Things

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

This verse is quoted over and over again when we are making major decisions in our lives. We are told to not be anxious and take it to God. When we have fears or anxieties we are once again reminded to not be and take it to Him. That is good, and hard to do, but truly it will bring the peace that surpasses all our understanding.

Today I have a “small” anxiety. I honestly and struggling with what to do about a situation. Nothing major, nothing earth shattering, but still important. I clicked on my verse of the day and Philippians 4:6-7 came up. I had to smile because it is the answer. Will I still have to deal with making a choice and how to share the choice without offending? Yes. But I know I can take it to God in prayer and even though I have to have a possibly hard conversation discussion, He will give me His peace.

I need to keep this verse in mind, not just when there is a major decision or fear, but even in the everyday decision. He is there to hear my request and He is waiting to give me His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment