Monday, December 31, 2012

He Knows You

This was from November 4, 2012

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

God knows you! This week a friend of mine, who recently surrender her life to God, mentioned that now God knows her name. I told her He has always known her name.

Always! God knew each of our names from before there was time as we know it. I can’t think about that for too long because it makes my eyes cross trying to comprehend. Whether I can comprehend it or not, He did.

He knows every hurt that we have ever had and every hurt we will have. He knows every time when we need His peace and He gives it. He knows when we will mess up and He is ready to forgive us. He knows every time we took a stand for what is right and every time we wanted to but let fear stop us. He knows every friend we’ll have and every person who will hurt us. He knows exactly what we need at every single moment of our lives.

When I feel like no one understands or cares I remember that He does. He has always cared about me. I have done nothing to desire that, none of us could ever do anything to deserve that.

As if that isn’t enough, not only does He know you He has appointed you to… Oh, I don’t know what He appointed you to do, but I do know He has appointed each of us to do something that is just ours. I am a teacher and I could say that isn’t any different than the million of teachers there are right now, but I am the only teacher who will get each of the combinations of students I get and when I get them. He has planned that out just for me.

He appointed you to do what you do for “such a time as this”. (I love that line from Esther 4:14.)  He picked you for what you have done, are doing, and will do. You don’t have to be a Jeremiah or an Esther for God to know your name and appoint you. Doesn’t that make you smile? It makes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment