Friday, June 30, 2017

But I Want To Know Now!

"And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority." Acts 1:7

Imagine a toddler having a complete meltdown: red faced, snot dripping down and mixing with tears, arms and legs flailing. Yup, I feel just like that sometimes. I want it now, whatever the it may be. I might not literally throw myself to the floor and hold my breath until I turn purple, but inside I can have a serious tantrum when I feel like God is making me wait for an unreasonable amount of time.

Anyone else been there?

Just like a toddler grows in maturity, and hopefully the tantrums less until they stop, I need to grow spiritually until the ones in me stop. Since God isn't required to tell me when anything is going to happen, the tantrum is pointless and exhausting. My flailing about and screaming isn't going to change anything. My tears will be counted, but they aren't going to get me my way. So what should I do?

Rest. Be still. Know that He is God. When it is the time or season that He has appointed it will happen. I can't hurry it up or even slow down it's coming. God will do it when He has it planned to be. Does that make it easy to wait? Not necessarily. But does it make it possible to wait? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment