Monday, August 12, 2013

Power To Make Satan Bow

"Therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11

The other day I was lying in bed and satan started chirping in my mind. He was stirring up, old garbage that has been dealt with. I laid there listening to it and started to feel like yuck, when I decided that he just needed to shut up.

Sometimes I just tell him to "shut up". Sometimes I get really into it and rebuke him and tell him who I belong to and the whole nine yards. Once I even told him to go to Hell. This time I just didn't have much in me to fight back, but I think I used the most powerful force possible. I simply said, "Jesus". and I just said His name over and over and over again. Soon satan was silent and gone.

Satan can stand a lot of things from us. He doesn't really mind those scripted, pious prayers. If you are truly saying it that's one thing, but if it's just words it he's heard it before. Some plead the blood, which is found nowhere in Scripture. Look it up if you don't believe me. The blood of Jesus covers our sins. There are any number of other ways that people try to deal with the attacks and whispers of satan.

The Bible gives a wonderful, easy way to deal with him. Say the name of Jesus. That's it! Look at verse 10. "so that AT the NAME of JESUS EVERY knee shall bow, in HEAVEN and on EARTH and UNDER THE EARTH. Under the earth is referring to Hell. Even there satan has to bow to the name of Jesus. He has no choice. He hears it and it affects him. He hears it enough that he can't do anything but bow, and he would much rather flee than bow. So he flees.

This is such a simple reminder to me that I don't have to listen to him. I don't have to let anxiety control me. I don't have to let the past affect me. I don't have to let any attacks of satan, and sometimes those come in human skin form, assail against me. I can simply say the name of Jesus, as much as I need, because there is incredible power in His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment