Sunday, August 18, 2013

Let the Redeemed Say So

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from trouble." Psalm 107:2

Lately, an old song from my growing up years keeps going through my mind. I know there is more to the song, at least I think there is, but the part that keeps going through is, "let the redeemed of the Lord say so". Before you continue reading this post I think you should take a moment to read the whole chapter of Psalm 107.

Okay, did you read it? If not, go read it!

I love that this chapter gives examples of some of the different people that should say so. God brings so many different people to Him. We all come from different experiences. Some of us have been wanderers. Some of us have rebelled against God. Some of us have been fools. Some of us have had roller coaster lives. But when we called upon the Lord He delivered each of us. No matter where we came from, no matter what we have experienced or put other selves through, He has delivered us, and we need to announce it.

When I am out in public, at the store for example, I see people whose lives declare that they are still lost. I also see those whose lives seem to declare that they have been redeemed. I hope that when people see me and my life that they see that I have been redeemed. I hope that my life declares that the Lord has redeemed me.

I could vocally declare that He has set me free, and I should. But if I'm checking out at the grocery store will the cashier be more impressed with my words or my actions? Will she see that I am patiently waiting while an item refuses to ring up? When someone cuts me off in traffic will others be more impressed with the Christian music on my car radio or with how I react? Will others see that I just continue to drive safely and not ride the car's bumper?

It is very important for me to say what He has done for me. To declare that He has redeemed me. It is also so very important that the people who can't hear my words will see my actions, and that He has redeemed me and my life says so.

No comments:

Post a Comment