Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blind to the Truth

"Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:17

Sometimes I can't for the life of me figure out how people can't see the Truth. It frustrates me. I get exasperated, and I start being judgmental. I need to check myself when that happens. I can let go of the judgmental part, but I still try to wrap my brain around why they don't see the Truth.

Then I read this verse and He explains it. People who don't have the Holy Spirit can't see the Truth. They don't even know the Truth. (Mind flashed to A Few Good Men "you can't handle the truth". Sorry!) Not only do they not see Him or know Him they can't even receive Him. That is a very saddening thought to me.

This also makes me wonder about myself and other Christians who do know the Spirit. So we know Him, yet there are times, sometimes many times, when we don't see the Truth. There are times when I believe a lie. I mean really believe it to be Truth. Why do I do that? What makes me not see the Truth?

I guess it is because even though He dwells in me sometimes I don't dwell in Him. Sometimes I would rather  believe the easy, the flattering, or just simply my selfish wants and desires. What I need to do is dwell in Him and then instead of other things seeming as the Truth I will know the Truth.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment